OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. COMPLETION OF SURVEY NOT REQUIRED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter: (1) Enter by visiting the Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine Reader Panel website and completing all of the required information and following all instructions. Submit your entry by clicking on the "Continue" button as required. Or (2) enter by completing and mailing the questionnaire bound into one of Kiplinger's Personal Finance MagazineÕs annual special editions to the address printed on the back of the questionnaire. Or (3) enter by mail by printing your name, address, e-mail address, the name of the prize drawing and daytime telephone number (optional) on a 3.5" x 5" card and mailing it to: Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine Reader Panel, The Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc., 1100 13th Street N.W., Washington, DC 20005. The entry period will begin at 12 A.M. (E.T.) on December 8, 2016 and will close at 11:59 P.M. (E.T.) on March 15, 2017. Write-in entries must be postmarked by March 15, 2017 to be eligible for the drawing. Internet entries must be received by 11 P.M. (E.T.) on March 15, 2017.
2. Eligible entrants must enter via either the write-in or online methods described. Limit one entry per person during the entry period. Multiple entries submitted by a single person, whether via write-in or Internet, are void. Incomplete entries are void. The Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc. and Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine (individually or collectively "Kiplinger's") and KiplingerÕs subcontractors will not share or distribute or sell entries to any third parties. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries permitted. Kiplinger's will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor, or for any human error, lost/delayed data transmission, or any other error or malfunction. In the event of a dispute, all e-mail entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. All entries become the property of Kiplinger's. You agree that you shall not upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful components or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an e-mail account shall be determined by Kiplinger's in its sole, reasonable discretion, and Kiplinger's reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open only to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico), 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Kiplinger's, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, subcontractors, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. All claims must be resolved in the United States and by entering a entrant agrees that the federal and District of Columbia courts with jurisdiction in the District of Columbia shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or cause of action arising under or related to this sweepstakes and/or the awarding of any prizes in this sweepstakes. Winners agree that Kiplinger's, KiplingerÕs affiliates and subsidiaries and its subcontractors, agencies and employees shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this promotion or from any acceptance or use of any prize awarded.
4. PRIZES: Three (3) grand prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries to be held on or about March 16, 2017. The prize is nontransferable and non-endorsable, and no cash or other substitutions will be offered except at the sole discretion of Kiplinger's. Kiplinger's has the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Three (3) Grand Prize Winners will receive a $100 American Express gift check (each retail value: $100). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: Winners will be notified by e-mail. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. Prizes are non assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Kiplinger's reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned within 14 days of the date of notification. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within 14 days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of Kiplinger's, result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the sweepstakes constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. For prize winner list send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine Reader Panel Winner, c/o The Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc., 1100 13th Street N.W., Washington, DC 20005. Residents of Vermont may omit postage.
6. SPONSOR: The Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine Reader Panel sweepstakes is sponsored by Kiplinger's, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Kiplinger's will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Sweepstakes Rules or in other materials relating to the sweepstakes. If you have any questions regarding this sweepstakes, please contact Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine Reader Panel Winner, c/o The Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc., 1100 13th Street N.W., Washington, DC 20005.